This establishment practices or provides the following eco choices:
De Zeekoe's unique charm and extraordinary activities attract guests of a different kind. People from all walks of life visit this stylish Lucerne farm in search of a unique experience. Guests can choose between various accommodation, ranging from stylish rooms to private stone cottages and rustic waterfront chalets, either for a self-catering stay, a stylish bed and breakfast or a farm holiday.
Only 7km outside Oudtshoorn this is one of the world’s 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones. The owner managed, 2500 hectare working farm is malaria free, wheelchair friendly and child friendly. We are proud to announce that De Zeekoe is the only Fair Trade certified property in the Oudtshoorn area.
The name De Zeekoe is derived for the Dutch name for the farm, Zeekoegat, which literally means "hippo waterhole", over a century ago these water-loving creatures used to frequent the riverbed that still runs through the farm to this very day.
The idyllic setting indeed has something to offer for everyone – from the daring adventure-seekers to those who just yearn for a quiet getaway.
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to walk with Wild Meerkats (Original Oudtshoorn Meerkat adventures) and to be part of the shy 5 experience! BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
- Meerkats are part of the so-called Shy 5 which also includes the bat-eared fox, the aardvark, porcupine and aardwolf – if you are lucky, these scarce animals can be seen on the farm
- Restaurant with fresh farm produce and free range meat, gluten free available
- Cocktail Bar
- FREE WI-FI & Welcoming drinks
- Fishing – bring own equipment
- Hiking – 3 walking trails from 5km up to 30km
- Biking – bikes to rent
- Jungle gym
- Going green with recycling , solar panels etc.
- This hidden gem has spectacular views with 162 bird species and not the "big 5" but the "shy 5" – private bird tours
- Self-guided walks
- Swimming pool – salt water
Accommodation: 3 x Standard, 9 x Luxury Rooms, 5 x Superior Rooms, 2 x Superior Honeymoon Rooms; 3 x Private Cottages with own pool & 4 x Waterfront cabins ( water level my drop during dry season)
Please contact us for rates – winter specials available.
Being Fair Trade certified De Zeekoe strives for fairness and believes that ethical business practice and environmental respect form the basis for sustainable tourism
What: Accommodation, B&B, Self catering
Where is this: Oudtshoorn
GPS Co-ordinates: S 33°37'48'' E 22°9'20''